Jharkhand Food Processing Industry Policy :
- To ensure the balanced economic development of the state by favouring agricultural and allied sector.
- Provide maximum benefits to all stakeholders by establishing Jharkhand as a leading state in the food processing sector.
- Development of infrastructure facilities.
- Creation of a favourable atmosphere for setting up of food processing industries.
- Capital investment promotion.
- Promotion of technology up-gradation.
- Financial grants-in-aid and concessions
- Market development and export promotion.
- Value addition to food products
- Other promotional facilities
Salient Features of Food Processing Policy 2015
|Establishment||Grant in aid||Maximum up to|
|Processing Units (New Unit, Modernisation, Upgradation, Expansion & Diversification)||35%-45%||Subject to a maximum of INR 5 Crores|
|Cold Chain, Value Addition and Preservation Infrastructure||35%-50%||Subject to a maximum of INR 7 Crores per project|
|Primary Processing Centres / Collection Centres in Rural Areas||50%-75%||Subject to a maximum of INR 2.5 Crores|
|Mega Projects In Food Processing
(Applicable only for projects with bank appraised project cost more than 30 Crores excluding working capital)
|35%-45%||Subject to a maximum of INR 12 Crores per project|
|Establishment and Modernisation of Meat and Fish Shops||50%-75%||Subject to a maximum of INR 5 Lakhs|